Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful time celebrating NYE2012! I can't believe 2013 is already here!! Let me take this moment to thank all those awesome clients of mine this past year... thank you, thank you, thank you! You are, like I said, AWESOME! ;) I also want to thank family, friends, and fans for your unending love and support! Without you I would not have made it this far. And here's to another year! I do not believe this year will be better than 2012, as I believe every year and every day that I get to do what I love, create, and serve, is just as special and great as the one before. But I do believe there are bigger things in store for me and Studio MJW! Ever since I can remember I've dreamed of owning my own business and "making it big". Here's to dreaming :). And keeping your dreams alive.
I don't make new year's resolutions per se, but I do make goals. What are some of your's? My goals for 2013 are the following (in no particular order):
1. Write more. Including but not limited to: blogging, journaling, notes, mementos, etc., etc. - a work in progress of course but getting better!
2. Draw more. Paint more. Anything artistic that doesn't involve a camera. - again progress!
3. Shoot a styled session for ME.
4. Shoot an engagement session in the rain.
5. Find that abandoned, junky warehouse I've been searching for.
6. Get my closet space COMPLETELY organized.
7. Do more thrifting, antiqueing, and picking. - been doing it as much as I can!
8. Take more self-portraits. - do iPhone photos count?? ;)
9. Learn OCF.
11. Look up. - I find myself doing this at every session/wedding I shoot...
12. Put my pretty and expensive degree to use through Studio MJW. More on that soon... - work in progress!
13. Learn to sew.
16. Embrace the glitter. - slowly but surely.
I was inspired by Amanda Holloway for the following campaign. She is an amazing senior photographer but because I shoot all stages of life, I wanted to expand this idea beyond just seniors. I hope you enjoy these and find inspiration in them just like I did Amanda's and hope you find the sparkle, glitter, and shine in everything that crosses your path in 2013! And if you are expecting a bundle of joy this year, graduating high school, tying the knot, or anything else photo worthy (everything!) send me a hoot! Cheers!!